»

Friday, August 28, 2009

A as Queen B!

Today, Chelsea, Kylie and I took the Skytrain to Yaletown and spent a nice afternoon there and had an early dinner since we all have day shifts tomorrow. OMG, let me start off by saying how much I LOVE THE SKYTRAIN. Well, specifically the brand new Canada Line. So basically, in Vancouver there's a subway system very similar to the Toronto TTC or Taiwan/HK MTR and it pretty gets you around Vancity pretty fast. They recently finished building a new line in light of the 2010 Olympics called the Canada Line and it runs all the way from Richmond to Downtown Van! It's SUPER SUPER fast and SUPER CLEAN since it's brand new. When I was on it.. it almost felt like I was in Taiwan or HK... it was almost as if I could get off at Taipei Main Station (haha, I WISH!). Anyways, that is my little blurb on appreciation of public transit.

Yaletown is beautiful. It's full of skyrise condos, lofts, and shopping include adorable boutiques, jaw dropping bakeries, very yummy restaurant eats and in general presents as a pretty wealthy area. It would definitely be a nice place to live if you had a very high paying job heh. Anyways, today as I put my outfit together, which is also my *special outfit for tomorrow evening* *crosses fingers*, I realized that my outfit reminded me of Blair Waldorf. Yes, Blair Waldorf. So when I'm bored, I like to cruise through ONTD or other celeb gossip websites, I tend to save pictures of celebrity styles I love and someday hope to dress like. Obviously, Leighton Meester wears THE best clothes on Gossip Girl and I am obsessed with so many of her outfits. Well, as I looked in the mirror today I realized that I did a pretty good job at copying Queen B's outfit! Let's take a closer look:

Loooooove her ruffly top and pink clutch. Her high waisted style is always so feminine and elegant. Sometimes a little too overly preppy but I love how girly her outfit is here. Her shoes also reminded me of my Jessica Simpson ones...












And then there's me! You can get where my entire outfit is from and the only purse I use these days is my Longchamp. Didn't bring my Speedy or any Gucci's to Vancouver with me :*(. I miss them. They rest peacefully at home until I return. At least the Longchamp is waterproof for the rainy days!






So I'm obviously missing a beautiful designer pink clutch and her flower bracelet but it's pretty close don't you think?! I do have a flower bracelet of my own but I decided not to. Sighhhhhhhhhhh I love her style. Anyways, that is my exciting blog post of the day. I love Yaletown and I can't wait for Gossip Girl to start again! Do you think I did a good job with Queen B's style?! My comment bar isn't working :( :( :( so you'll have to tell me personally hahaha.

Current countdown:
5 more days until I officially move into my new apartment! :)

0 comments: