»

Sunday, August 2, 2009

August.

i can't believe it's August already.... crazy!! it's been a good weekend with lots going on. it's a long weekend (monday is BC day) but it doesn't really make a difference to me... i seriously believe that the only people who care about 3 day weekends are people who work in business. the M-F 9-5ers get an extra day hehe. anyways, saturday was the final celebration of lights show - CHINA! it was soooooooo amazing. chels, kylie and i watched it from Kits beach and it was soooooo much less crowded and more calm than downtown. but downtown is definitely a great experience that everyone should go to at least once in their life. unless you're claustraphobic (omg i actually had to look up how to spell that HAHA -_-). so yeah the fireworks were really good but downtown English Bay is definitely the front and center view. before the fireworks, we spent saturday afternoon at the Vancouver Aquarium in Stanley Park. it was funnnnn! i have a new love and appreciation for BALUGA WHALES <3 sooooo cute. i wish i was a water sea animal. swimming around freely, without a care in the world... get fed... float around...tan... seriously, what more is there to life?! hahahaha okok. apparently the famous 2 holding-hand otters are from the Vancouver Aquarium!!!!! but i don't know if they still hold hands or what happened because... i didn't see them holding hands when i went =( maybe it was a phase.

here's a pic from the China fireworks show :) fireworks make me happy. they're so pretty and....romantic. ugh. anyways. today, chelsea and i went to watch Les Miserables!! i think the first time i saw Les Mis was high school..for french honor society? i can't even remember but i do think i still have my t-shirt. anyways, it was a really good show and i loved hearing all the songs again- i dreamed a dream, on my own, lovely ladies, master of the house...... hahaha. why can't life be like a song? music makes life so much better. afterwards, i went to my first bikram yoga class since.... two summers ago? OMG. ok so i didn't want to die nearly as badly as when i FIRST did it but it was pretty brutal. its ok though... i know it's so hard when you first start and it's normal to feel dizzy and nauseated but i really hope i can get better. i love my mat and yogitoes towel though =) just seeing it makes me happy right now HAHA.

so now i'm listening to Les Mis music... there was a definitely a point in today's show where i was like omg... i'm going to cry, but i didn't. why am i still hurting? why can i relate to this character? i'm so annoyed with myself sometimes i want someone to slap me. i have so many more important things to be thinking about. ARGGGGGGH.

anyways, that's it for today, ttyl.

the city goes to bed
now i can live inside my head.

current excerpt from Shopaholic that are basically the EXACT thoughts in my head:
"We swing round a corner- and my heart gives a swoop of excitement. Tiffany's. It's Tiffany's, right in front of me! I must just have a quick peek. I mean, this is what New York is all about. Little blue boxes, and a white ribbon, and those gorgeous silver beads... I sidle up to the window and stare longingly at the beautiful display inside. Wow. That necklace is absolutely stunning. Oh God, and look at that watch, with all those little diamonds round the edge. I wonder how much something like that would... And for awhile I really try to concentrate. But it's no good. I can't listen. I mean, come on. This is Fifth Avenue! Everywhere I look, there are fabulous shops. There's Gucci... and oh God, look at that window display over there! And we're just walking straight past Armani Exchange and no one's even pausing... what is WRONG with these people?"

0 comments: