»

Thursday, September 24, 2009

22!

So I wanted to blog about my birthday and it's quite overdue since it's pretty much been a week since the date but OH WELL! :) So I already shared about my eyelashes (which I'm still loooooooving) but the other major highlight of my birthday was MY BIRTHDAY CAKE!! You've probably seen it on facebook already or if not I've probably personally showed pictures to you because I am that obsessed with it. Well, what can I say.... it was the epitome of the perfect Andrea birthday cake :)

4 layers of heavenly, delicious, light colossal chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream icing. And look how accurately detailed the font is. LOVE IT! SO did not want to cut it.


It was basically something from my DREAMS. When it was delivered to my apartment, I literally stood there in shock and I swear I was unable to breathe for a couple seconds because I was SO AMAZED. Thank you MOMMY for ordering such an amazing amazing custom-made birthday cake for me!! I'm sad she wasn't there to share it with me... :( Well, I definitely ate her share of the cake for her HAHA. Anyways, the picture is my desktop and on my aim, msn, twitter, facebook, gchat.... HAHAHA I just can't get enough of it. Sighhhh. Teeheee.
All in all, my first Vancity birthday was pretty awesome. A lot of nurses were able to make it out to high tea and it was really fun seeing everyone dressed in normal clothes and not super tired. High tea was yummy but nothing extremely special. I do want to go back and try out this famous chocolate buffet though!! Thank you to all the girls who came out to celebrate with me. I hope we have many more fun times in Vancouver together!! The weather was perfect that weekend and it was perfect.

I LOVED my dinner with Ivy at Goldfish (one of my new favorite restaurants in Vancouver). Jack, Ivy's friend works in the kitchen at Goldfish so we got special treats and extra special treatment.... the finale birthday dessert platter was AMAZING (for a lack of a better word.... i need a thesaurus haha). Anyways, the fried banana in cinnamon sugar and coffee cheesecake was .... exquisite.
I felt so spoiled haha. And all my friends definitely made me feel really really really special. Thank you so much Terrie for sending me the Coach keychain..... haha I think I was close to tears you beezy, I was soooo surprised, it so made my day! I LOVE YOUUUU. I loved all my little gifts this year, everybody was so thoughtful! Thank you for all the texts, tweets, phone calls, fb messages, emails and cards! <3


Well, after that special princess day, life has resumed back to normal with work and studying! I just finished my set on Cardiology and it was a tough set. Cardiology and respiratory are my weaknesses... and they scare me. I don't know if asking for more shifts is more scary or beneficial to me haha. I'm bad at facing my fears... maybe being on the NRT will help me overcome this? Anyways everyday I'm starting to learn that nursing is so much more than a job... and being a nurse is so much more than a title.. it's like a lifestyle. Anyways... enough deep thoughts. Today I wanted to slack in yoga because it's that time of the month and I'm in PAIN but the instructor paid soooo much attention to me and kept pushing me so I was like GRRARRR. Good thing there was a treat in the fridge for me to reward myself with when I came home :) That is all.


Current countdown:
12 more days X____X

0 comments: