»

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Update!

Wow, I haven't blogged in awhile. SORRY! I've been soooooo busy with work, adjusting to the new place, getting to know my roomates... life has been kind of crazy. Well, mostly work is just crazy. I just finished a set of 3 days and I just want to say that 3 12 hour shifts in a row SUCK. Especially when they are all weekdays. Especially especially weekdays after a LONG WEEKEND. It's like all hell breaks loose.... I have had the three busiest days of my life in the hospital. The good thing is that I learned A LOT. So many skills and just learning more about what nursing is really about. It was pretty overwhelming but I think the past three days have been good preparation for the future. Yay for NPWs and insertion of NG tubes!

Anyways... enough nursing stuff. I've been hanging out with one of my new roomates Ivy a lot! I think we stayed up until 230am talking the first couple nights I moved in. She's Taiwanese and basically an ESL student here to learn English but I think her English is really good for a fob hahaha. She's realllllllly cute because she's soooooo fobby but I love it obviously so we get along SUPER SUPER well. We have started to cook dinner together and now because of her, I am eating more nutritious and yummier foods. Yay! My other roomate, Tina is also super friendly and nice and super artsy/creative and fashion driven in a very unique way. She reminds me of my friend Melody.... because she sews EVERYTHING and makes tons of stuff. She literally has a closet stocked with fabrics, ribbon, sewing machine, threads....EVERYTHING! Anyways, they're really nice and I love the apartment. Sighs.

Well I'm super busy this weekend, got lots of stuff to prepare for and things to study for validation day :(

More updates later..... I'm too sleeeeeeepy.

0 comments: