»

Friday, September 18, 2009

Birthday update #1.

Today is my official 22nd birthday! :D :D The day's not over so I'm not going to do my full and complete update YET but I'd like to blog about something spiffy. This year, I treated myself to a visit to an eyelash extension as my birthday gift to myself. I had been thinking about it for a bit after seeing advertisements in the Japanese magazines but when I saw my friend Bonnie with her new long and gorgeous lashes, my hesitation was blown away and I decided this would be something fun to do for myself instead of buying myself something! So I booked my appointment at Noir Lash Lounge in Yaletown - Vancouver's one and only lash-only bar salon and went in the day before my birthday to get them done. The place is suuuuuuuuuper cute, and set up in a very trendy with a vintage an relaxing atmosphere. The girl doing my lashes was pretty funny in beezy way and I loved it haha. When she asked me what I wanted, I basically told her that I have pretty long lashes already but I just wanted to make them thicker and look more full. So 1 hour and 15 minutes later, these were the results:









Pretty natural looking I would say, right?!! I was really happy with the results although I wasn't used to it at first.. I thought they were a little too un-natural but today (1 day post) - I think they are perfect! Nobody at work last night said anything about them so I'm happy because that means they look really NATURAL! I'm so happy I did this and I would advocate EVERY GIRL to try this! Regardless of whether you don't have many lashes or you have pretty full ones already, I like it and I think it's worth it
I was told that as a first-timer, mine would last up to three weeks. For regular lash-lovers, they can last 4-6 weeks! Hmm but I'm not sure I'm THAT high maintenance haha. And it cost $60 which is a regular and decent price for this service but I'm still deciding whether or not it's actually WORTH it. Definitely for important events - weddings, birthdays... but yeah not for everyday :P I'm not THAT princess.

Ok, heading out to my little bday dinner at Goldfish now :) More birthday updates later

xo

0 comments: